Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring Necessities (or things you must do)

Hey everyone, it's Jess. :)
Today I will be talking about the Spring season and the things you'll need for the new(ish) season.

Let's begin!

1. Books



I find that on a good day, no matter what the weather is, when you're simply sitting on the couch on a weekday with pajamas on, you'll need good books to cuddle with.

Of course, if you can't seem to find a good book, I recommend a few of my favorites ...

- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Matched by Ally Condie
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Handcuffs, Kisses, and Awkward Situations by Olivia Harvard
- Mars by Jasmine Rose
- A Unique Kind of Love by Jasmine Rose
- Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak

2. Friends



Now listen, I'm not talking about the show "F.R.I.E.N.D.S".
If you thought that's what I meant, please go away.

I find friends to be a necessity to everything. I mean, how could you live without them?

But the only way to truly make your Spring feel special is with friends, and that's when they come in handy.

3. A Notebook



It's the Spring, and you'll want to make sure you can have a paper and pencil handy simply to write down your thoughts or feelings.

And maybe that seems lame, or a bit sad, but if you're jamming along to your favorite song and a lyric you love comes around - why not write it down?

Or maybe you find a quote you love or simply someone you love.
Write it down.
Write their name down.

This may seem creepy, or a bit weird, but in the end it's all worth it.

Because when you finish, and maybe when you add a few drawings here and there, this notebook will become a masterpiece of things that make you happy.

I hope I wasn't the only one, but when I thought of this, I thought of the rom-com "The Notebook" and that brings me to the fourth necessity.

4. A Good Movie



I find a good movie to be one of the most important things to do when you're with your friends or family.

A good movie will not be good unless it is watched with someone you love. - Jessica Briggs, 2015

Okay, but in all seriousness, a movie is something that will make your Spring special.

And memorable.

5. Clothes



The little fashionista inside of me had to add this (because obviously, clothes are important in your life).

For me, it makes me confident when I feel good in my clothes - when I feel pretty.

And I'm not one of those depressed people who wish that they could look beautiful because I know that everyone is beautiful.

(and if you don't know that yet, I hoped I informed you.)

But wearing good clothes is a big part of your Spring because you should be comfortable in what you're wearing.

You should also feel beautiful.


* Skirts
* Dresses
* Shorts
* T-shirts
* Shoes

But really, anything you're comfortable with.

- - - - -

That's it, guys!

Those are all the necessities for Spring that I decided to inform you with :)

But really, those are all my necessities and if you have any of yours you'd like to share, please comment below.

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment